Swing Dancing (The American Dance Floor)
Telling a riveting true story of the emergence and development of an American icon, this book traces swing dancing from its origins to its status as a modern-day art form.
• Contains insights from personal interviews with a variety of prominent dancers, scholars, and historians
• Presents a chronology of the emergence of vernacular American dancing and the development of swing, from colonial times to the present day
• Includes numerous illustrations and photographs depicting the diverse influences on the genre, from legendary musicians to iconic swing dancers and more
• Contains a select bibliography of diverse source material, such as books, films, and magazine and newspaper articles
• Provides a helpful index offering access to names, places, people, and all important subjects